Assisted Search of XML document collections

Rick Jelliffe ricko at allette.com.au
Mon May 24 13:14:16 BST 1999

 As a related comment, I have posted an open source  phrase-index
constructer, which does simple but useful indexing of XML documents,
especially QAML ones. (It should work with any language which uses
spaces, and where longer words are more interesting than shorter ones.)

I would expect that any site that used it would want to tinker with it
for their particular
needs, and to be able to make best use of the particular document types
in play.

The code is OmniMark.
    http://www.ascc.net/xml/en/utf-8/qaml-index.html

I will be regenerating the examples later this week, for the various
FAQs at the site.
The current example (links now broken) is at
    http://www.ascc.net/xml/en/utf-8/faq-phrase-index.html

The indexer would also be useful for anyone needing an automated start
for making an index for a book.

Rick Jelliffe

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)