XSL allows better automated program manipulation (Re: Questio ning XSL)

Matthew Sergeant (EML) Matthew.Sergeant at eml.ericsson.se
Mon May 24 14:33:29 BST 1999

	One thing to note is that you can build a declarative system in Perl's event driven XML parsing (xmerge does this), but you couldn't build perl in XSL :)

	I think a post to this list got lost - I sent the following last week:

	How about alternatives to XSL. Just some simple transforms. But with built in perl, kind of like embperl. Xmerge already allows selection from XML documents, but doesn't do ordering, or embedded perl, but I'm very interested in exploring adding this feature. Anyone interested can download XML::miniXQL at http://www.fastnetltd.ndirect.co.uk/Perl/XML-miniXQL-0.02.tar.gz (xmerge is part of the XML::miniXQL distribution) and you'll probably want to look at a real world example of usage - see my CV page on http://sergeant.org

	Matt.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)