Lotsa laughs

Joshua E. Smith jesmith at kaon.com
Tue May 25 17:16:22 BST 1999

>you guys can't take
>over the world if we can't read your propaganda :-)

Funniest damn sentence I've read in weeks.  Bless you, Lisa.

Anyway, my reaction to stuff like this is invariably to ignore it, because
it seems like about 98% of the time, the only reason Microsoft ever
announces anything is to kill some little company which they've heard is
about to make an IPO.  So my immediate question is always, "Hmmmm, I wonder
what rebel outpost the evil empire is targeting with this death ray..."

If Microsoft actually puts something out the door which doesn't immediately
crash and burn (or get renamed repeatedly until people start confusing it
with a real product produced by another software company, witness "Net
Show" come "Media Player" sounds like "Real Player"...), that's when I
start to pay attention.

Is there some evidence that there is actually something of substance here?
(Of course, I use Netscape, so I couldn't read most of the propaganda,
either.  What I could read had a buzzword to signal ratio so high I
couldn't understand a word of it.)

Come on, what's the *INSIDE* story?  Dish!

-Joshua Smith

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)