Lotsa laughs

Robin Cover robin at isogen.com
Tue May 25 18:37:29 BST 1999

I've not followed the discussion carefully on MSIE's
handling (correcting) of spaces in the URLs.

But it always surprises me how quick Microsoft is
to pick up criticism for the kinds of errors that
most other companies make (which pass without
comment).  A lot of W3C member companies have
web sites with "illegal" HTML because they use
stupid software that generates links like:

which of course is non-conformant (SGML/XML/HTML) as
well.

Is it really fun (and "right") to bash MS just because
the company is a safe target?

-rcc

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)