CSS and XSL - competition

James Tauber jtauber at jtauber.com
Wed May 26 04:59:08 BST 1999

>So far XSL effort in Mozilla has been very little. Some people have
>investigated the code and asserted that it shouldn't be too difficult to
add
>XSL FO support to Mozilla now that CSS is in a good shape (I saw a  post a
>while back that 100% of CSS1 features were in, it just needed bug fixing).

>From what I can tell as an XSL FO developer, getting full CSS support gets
you *a lot* of the way towards XSL FO support. As I said on xsl-list, most
of the hard stuff I've found in implementing XSL FOs would be hard in CSS
too.

I hope to support CSS "FO"s in FOP at some stage (although given the
unification that seems to be happening in XSL, FOP will probably
automatically handle CSS FOs by virtue of handling XSL FOs)

James

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)