Groves? Please ::choke::..

Guy Murphy guy-murphy at easynet.co.uk
Fri May 28 08:46:25 BST 1999

Hi.

XML? Pah! I know when I've been had. Scratch the surface and *AHA* WebSGML
jumps out of the box and bites your nose off.

::cough:: Sorry, the sun's rising, and my bed's still in the other room
calling to me.

What exactly are "groves"?

The clearest def I could get of them...

[QUOTE]
Groves are the abstract representation of an underlying notation and the
in-memory realisation is constructed using a notation processor, for example
the grove for an SGML instance is built by the SGML notation processor.
[QUOTE]

Now up until the last bit this sounds like DOM. Are groves just an object
model?

Oh and if anybody reading this is responsible for writting HyTime
documentation... come the revolution you'll be among the first put against
the wall and shot!... right after those people at the ISO.

Goodnight

    Guy

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)