Tools generating DTD into plain english (HTML or ps...)

Terje Norderhaug terje at in-progress.com
Mon May 31 13:58:17 BST 1999

At 3:04 AM 5/31/99, Sebastien Sahuc wrote:

>As I have couples of Objects described in a DTD, I would like them to
>be written in a 'plain understandable english' for instance HTML
>document. So my question is : Is there a way to generated such a HTML
>document from a DTD describing a business model ?

Our Emile XML Editor spells out the Content Model of elements in plain
English. The explanation is displayed in the dialog used to inspect an
element.

We would be happy to adapt this functionality to write the explanation to a
file, eventually with appropriate markup to allow further processing and
display.

The Emile XML editor for Mac is at <http://www.in-progress.com/emile/>. The
free Lite edition of Emile also explains custom content models in plain
english.

-- Terje Norderhaug <terje at in-progress.com>

President & Chief Technologist
Media Design in*Progress