oracle.xml.parser.v2.XSLProcessor & XSLStylesheet

Steve Muench smuench at us.oracle.com
Fri Nov 5 15:05:37 GMT 1999

The 2nd argument is a URL which is used
as the base url for <xsl:import> and
<xsl:include>.

It's most relevant if you are passing
the XSLStylesheet() constructor an
InputStream as the first argument,
and it gives the class that extra bit
of "base uri" information that it
cannot get out of the stream.

If you're not using include/import,
then it's ok to pass a null.

So you can do:

// Create the Stylesheet from the stream
XSLStylesheet theXSLStylesheet = new XSLStylesheet(XSLStream,null);

// Create an instance of XSLProcessor to perform the transformation
XSLProcessor  processor = new XSLProcessor();

// Transform theXMLDoc by theXSLStylesheet and write result to
// System.out. This obeys all the rules of <xsl:output> while
// writing it out
processor.processXSL(theXSLStylesheet, theXMLDoc, System.out );

or

// Transform and keep hold of raw result DocumentFragment
DocumentFragment df = processor.processXSL(theXSLStylesheet, theXMLDoc);

You might want to check out the Oracle XSQL Servlet
on our Technet website which is a servlet that
does this for you already, as well as our XML Forum
on OTN where there's a Q and A forum on our components.

Steve Muench, Consulting Product Manager & XML Evangelist
Business Components for Java Development Team
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/java
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml