Microsoft XML Parser

Chandramouli Viswanathan cviswana at RCCL.COM
Mon Nov 8 16:54:08 GMT 1999

Hi All,
We are using the MSXML DOM parser to validate our xml document against DTD's.
We are using an external entity reference for the DOCTYPE entity to point to the
DTD.

The parser validation is successful when we use it this way:
<!DOCTYPE SYSTEM .......................

But we require to change it to a public reference as we share the DTD across
multiple systems. So the desired format for the external doctype reference is
like:
<!DOCTYPE Msg PUBLIC "//COMPANY//SUBSYSTEMID//DTD//Transaction Name//EN"
"dtd_name.dtd">

My question is ---- how can i provide the mapping to the physical dtd file on
some network area based on the public reference we are using? according to the
w3c standards for validation, there is supposed to be a catalog file where you
can drop this reference. I have not been able to figure out from microsoft and
third party documentation on how to setup this mapping.

Any help / suggestions is most appreciated

Regards,
Mouli