bibiography dtd?

Warren Hedley w.hedley at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Nov 9 21:51:32 GMT 1999

"Gorden-Ozgul, Patricia E" wrote:

> I have an industry-provided bibliographic DTD to which I need to apply data
> from Word documents.  Other than a manual solution (clerical cut/paste from
> Word doc to DTD doc) how would one create the DTD ASCII file for the data
> exchange.

Any chance of you posting that DTD (or a link to it) to this list, so that I
can have a look at it?

> This may seem like a dumb question, but I am new to this 'document
> processing' field.

Hardly - this is an extremely nasty problem. If your Word bibliography is
in plain text, then it will prove almost impossible to separate out the
different components of each reference in any automated manner. My first
approach would be to save as text and write a Perl script that separates
each entry by commas - this might speed up the process but would probably
fail for multiple authors and journals.

Not much help at all really.

--
Warren Hedley