XML Schema and international Booleans

Nik O niko at cmsplatform.com
Fri Nov 12 18:43:22 GMT 1999

Gregg Reynolds wrote:

>If we wanted to be really up-to-the-minute, we could follow
>the usage of logicians and use U+22A4 (DOWN TACK)
>and U+22A5 (DOWN TACK) as the canonical values [...]

Why not use U+22A8 (TRUE) and U+22AD (NOT TRUE)?  I don't know how
logicians/mathematicians use these, but presumably they are used enough that
the Unicode org described them.

There would be no confusion with the Roman letter "T", and
"pi(e)-on-the-side" is one of the seven true paths to happiness, que no?

Regards,
 Nik O, Teton Data Systems, Jackson, Wyo.