XML and SML

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Mon Nov 15 23:14:29 GMT 1999

OFFTOPIC but illustrative:

Vane Lashua wrote:

> There is computer power galore to implement full-blown SGML, XML, HTTP, a
> browser and Unix in a toaster today. Would it (the computer power) even cost
> $50? Would it even take 6 months to get it accomplished?

Today's digital cameras are powerful enough to run arcade games
of not all that long ago.  My toaster works fine using my existing
ten digits, doesn't need more, but for devices which truly need
a processor this link should illustrate some of the (presumably :-)
unintended consequences:

    http://members.aol.com/JWSurine/

Now tell me, seriously, that if such a camera can run PacMan it
doesn't have enough horsepower to run a basic XML/HTTP client
and render a UI that doesn't depend on a huge display.

- Dave