Parser compliance

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 17 18:00:17 GMT 1999

David Megginson wrote:

> 	 I know that OASIS has been working on a
> general conformance test suite -- it might also be nice if XML Dev'ers
> put some of their energy into a SAX conformance test suite.

Mary Brady had a good note about what OASIS (and NIST) are doing,
and other posts have mentioned some of the additional work I did
and reported in this article:

    http://www.xml.com/pub/1999/09/conformance/index.html

Accessible through that article is the SAX test harness which
supports it.  It's open source.  Any updates will be at:

    http://home.pacbell.net/david-b/xml/

Please, anyone thinking of a SAX conformance test suite:  look at
that first, and think carefully about whether another one is needed.
I'll gladly accept feedback.  I certainly worked to avoid bugs, and
none have yet been reported to me.

- Dave