Can't subclass ElementNode

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Thu Nov 18 04:25:43 GMT 1999

Send your query to Sun.  If compiled using JDK 1.2 "javac", it
should work fine on all JVMs ... but many other versions of "javac"
have bugs.  (And I heard recently something else cropped up.)

Basically, the "appendChild" method is there and public (part
of an interface that's publicly implemented) so you're hitting
a bug somewhere.  Usually it's been "javac" generating bad code.

- Dave

p.s. If you're really desperate for a workaround, you can make
	the superclasses public ... but that's not supported by
	Sun and you can't redistribute such versions.  Though
	maybe the Java Apache project has a version with a
	more reasonable licence.