A Joke?

Didier PH Martin martind at netfolder.com
Sun Nov 21 20:34:05 GMT 1999

Hi,

In my last post "embrace...expand...extinct" (and I discovered I made a typo
in the title :-) I ended with a Joke, The joke to unite against the
monopoly. I have no intention to fight against a monopoly :-) Today, David
would need more than a small piece of rock to kill Goliath.

However I should say that the Biztalk idea is not a bad idea. What I would
like to see thought is the same kind of routing mechanism as an A
Apache add-on. In fact, an Apache server receiving something like a biztalk
message through a post message could do the appropriate "routing". Also, in
my list of wish dreams is to see some developers start to work on defining a
Biztalk kind of messaging system instead of being sad about history or about
the power of the giants. In fact, in one of those dreams I envisioned
something like:

			------------------------------
client ---------> |     transaction server	| ------------> HTTP server
			|	using HTTP protocol	|
			--------------------------------------------> SMTP
server ------------->POP3---------> client

The transaction server receives an XML message through a POST. The message
is stored as a transaction. Based on the XML message received it then relay
the transaction to the right server. If something gets wrong, it can try
through a different transport or try it later.

What are you doing Didier? David is not allowed to dream. Its November, you
should be sad and think of the past not the future. And the future is
decided by the giants not the Davids :-))

Go it?

Never under estimate the power of the capital.
Faith can move mountains - if "lost faith" goto previous line.

Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind at netfolder.com
http://www.netfolder.com