CGI + perl + XML ?

Richard Lanyon rgl at decisionsoft.com
Mon Nov 22 10:56:33 GMT 1999

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Patrice Bonhomme wrote:

> I am looking for a generic CGI script written in perl that takes all fields
> from an HTML form and generates an XML document.

Rather than using perl, you could use X-Tract (our free XML Script
processor) server-side (behind Apache or IIS), which will talk to CGI
quite easily - all information entered in the form will be available as if
X-Tract were processing a document with a top-level <CGI></CGI> element,
and each name-value pair represented as <Name>Value</Name>. See Tutorial 9
of the documentation on http://www.xmlscript.org/ for further details.

--
Richard Lanyon (Software Engineer) |     "The medium is the message"
XML Script development,            |             - Marshall McLuhan