Parser compliance

Cooper, Clark Clark.Cooper at bender.com
Mon Nov 22 15:56:53 GMT 1999

On 17 Nov 1999, Richard Lanyon wrote:
>> Well, Expat is drop-dead, shoot-your-dog-if-it-ain't conformant...
>
> Indeed, but it's not necessarily "fully-featured" in that it doesn't
> include external entities and isn't validating, ...

Expat has been able to handle external entities ever since I started using
it
over a year ago. And more recently (at least in the test version), it has
the
ability to read an external DTD and expand parameter entities.

With this ability, validation can be supported in a higher layer, which, in
my
opinion, is the place for it.

Clark Cooper    Logic Technologies, Inc.     cccooper at ltionline.com
(800)424-4200   650 Franklin St., Suite 304  coopercc at netheaven.com