RDF, again

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Tue Nov 23 16:44:16 GMT 1999

Paul Prescod <paul at prescod.net> writes:

> Speaking on behalf of the devil, I'd say that in one week we could
> define (or just find) an S-expression-like language with none of these
> weaknesses and in less time we could write a parser for it. It could
> have "XML element" as a primary data type for embedded XML and could
> also be embedded IN XML.

People on this list keep mentioning S-expressions. I'm not sure if you
are talking about lispish syntax in general, or some more precisely
defined language? In the latter case, are you speaking about the
language defined at http://theory.lcs.mit.edu/~rivest/sexp.html? It is
about one order of magnitude easier to parse than XML. The only
application of it that I know of is SPKI (Simple Public Key
Infrastructure).

/Niels