program to restore end tags?

Christopher R. Maden crism at exemplary.net
Thu Nov 25 01:04:13 GMT 1999

[Sean Chen]
>Someone mentioned recently on this list a program to restore minimized
>SGML end tags, but I lost the message and can't find it again.

sgmlnorm, as someone already pointed out, or spam (SP Add Markup), which
are both part of SP (<URL:http://www.jclark.com/sp/>).

>I'm trying to write a simple SGML->XML converter which will do as much as
>possible without being a full-fledged SGML parser.

But if you're going to use one of those, you might as well use SX, from the
same package.  It *is* (well, incorporates) a full-fledged SGML parser, but
so do the other two utilities.

-Chris

--
Christopher R. Maden, Solutions Architect
Exemplary Technologies