XML Application Servers

Mike Williams mikew at o3.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 07:45:18 GMT 1999

  >>> On Thu, 25 Nov 1999 10:25:08 +0100,
  >>> "Matthew" == Matthew Gertner <matthew at praxis.cz> wrote:

  Matthew> A question: who out there is developing applications delivering
  Matthew> XML from a server platform? How are you doing it?

I'm using XML as part of a Java servlet-driven framework.  The servlets
implement the control logic, and interact with EJBs which implement
business logic and DB access.

The servlet collects output data in a hash-table.  Then, I (plan to) run a
template-processor, which splices this data into existing XML templates,
constructing an abstract view of the page. The templating system here is
similar to HTML templating systems like FreeMarker and WebMacro.  Templates
don't contain logic, just layout.

Finally XSLT transformtion into HTML, rather than delivering XML to the
client.

Has anyone done something similar?

--
Mike Williams