XML Application Servers

Steven Livingstone, ITS, SENM steven.livingstone at scotent.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 15:52:37 GMT 1999

An ISAPI extension is probably best if your server/application is devoted to
XML, as your clearly is (yes?).

Can you perform business validation etc in this way? As in a typical n-teir
application.
So you want to write XML pages back for an application, after validating
business rules and getting the resultsd from the database.

If so, does the extension or your COM objects dynamically create the XML
document from the result set?
Do you have a URL for the extension?

Sounds good !

cheers,
steven

PS. You can get round the XML problem in ASP, if you map the .xml extension
to the asp.dll. I have done this (for .xsl) to dynamically create .xsl
stylesheets based on Site Server personalization attributes !

Steven Livingstone - http://www.deltabiz.com
07771 957 280 or +447771957280

Professional Site Server 3, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002696
Professional Site Server 3.0 Commerce Edition, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002505