[SML] Preliminary EBNF for SML

Don Park donpark at docuverse.com
Sat Nov 27 13:26:53 GMT 1999

>Also, your XML won't quite be a subset unless you disallow
>']]>' from content.  Don't know why this was ever disallowed
>in XML; it should only have been disallowed in CDATA sections.

The spec seems to qualify the restriction against ']]>' to the
CDATA section except the production rule seems to say it is
a general restriction on all character data content.  I too
do not see why it is there.

Regarding encoding.  Would it be acceptable if SML did not
mention encoding at all?  This would leave it to the context
to dictate encoding.  It also allow a future spec to define
a special tag that serves the same purpose as XML declaration.

Best,

Don Park    -   mailto:donpark at docuverse.com
Docuverse   -   http://www.docuverse.com