Schema support in parsers?

DuCharme, Robert DuCharmR at moodys.com
Mon Nov 29 16:49:26 GMT 1999

>Is anyone aware of any parsers which support the latest Schema
>draft?

With the Xerces parser that IBM donated to apache.org you can write a
parsing program that supports both XML 1.0 DTDs and much of the September
W3C Schema proposal.

>Failing that, how about a tool(s) to go from a Schema to a DTD?
>(accepting that some schema constructs can be expressed in
>a DTD).

Extensibility's XML-Authority can, although I'm not sure which draft and how
much of the Schema proposal it supports.

Forgive my qualifications, but I'm sure it will get better quickly when the
proposal achieves Recommendation status.

Bob DuCharme       www.snee.com/bob       <bob@
snee.com>  see www.snee.com/bob/xmlann for "XML:
The Annotated Specification" from Prentice Hall.