XML Database: position papers ?

KenNorth KenNorth at email.msn.com
Mon Nov 29 18:48:47 GMT 1999

From: Patrice Bonhomme <Patrice.Bonhomme at loria.fr>

> I am looking for some position papers that are doing a comparison of both
> relational model and object oriented approaches for XML database
conception.

You'll find some vendor white papers compare object and relational. If you
are interested in current technology, you should compare three data models
if your interest is XML:

relational (RDBMS), object-relational (ORDBMS), and object (ODBMS)

Examples of ORDBMS include Informix, Oracle, and IBM DB2.

There is also a group that can store Java objects (Java-relational
databases).