XRS: A new XML search engine

Dongwook Shin dwshin at nlm.nih.gov
Fri Oct 1 22:44:02 BST 1999

Hello, folks:

I am pleased to announce my XML indexing and retrieval engine named XRS
to you. XRS is the most recent result among those which I have been
developing
in SGML/XML framework for a couple of years.

Highlights of XRS are:
    (1) A very flexible retrieval capability:
         - any elements in DTD can be retrieved
         - You can give the weights to elements according to the
importance you consider
             in retrieval
         - With easy query building tool, you can create a structured
query quickly.

    (2) Efficient indexing and retrieval
         - With BUS technique I devised, indexing overhead is minimized
with preserving
             quick retrieval time.

    (3) With a servlet and multi-thread safe native C library, the
overhead in server side is
          reduced.
         - It is not CGI!

    (4) XML source is transformed to HTML and sent to your browser.
         - With a browser without XML capability, you can still see the
XML results.

If you have an interest, you can see more in the following Web page:
http://dlb2.nlm.nih.gov/~dwshin/xrs.html

Thanks,
Dongwook

--