XML Parsers for Java -- Recommendations?

Erik James Freed ejfreed at infocanvas.com
Wed Sep 1 02:05:09 BST 1999

Be a little careful with the datachannel parser. After I submitted source
code
for a few simple but showstopping bugs and was led to believe that fixes
would be coming soon, a DC sales person informed me that unless
we payed the $5K yearly service agreement, they would not make bug fixes
available to me.
Of course they are well within their rights to want to charge money, but not
only do
they price themselves out of the market by a light year, they come off
seeming a little
shady at least to me (YMMV) I personally am porting off of it to the IBM
XML/XSL packages. Which I wish existed when I got started...

cheers,

erik

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)