XML Parsers for Java -- Recommendations?

Kay Michael Michael.Kay at icl.com
Thu Sep 2 13:37:33 BST 1999

> Have a look at the parser conformance test results on my web page at
>
> 	http://home.pacbell.net/david-b/xml/

I only see the conformance tests there, not the results.

> If anything makes me want to kill a programmer, it's the level of
> gratuitous nonconformance that a few of those parsers show!

I don't mind a parser that lets through the occasional document that should
strictly be rejected (e.g. by tolerating a stray zero byte at the end of the
document). The only mainstream parser I refuse absolutely to use or
recommend to anyone is the one that arbitrarily rejects well-formed
documents. But since I don't want to have to defend myself in court, I'm
reluctant to publish its name here - the authors know, because I have told
them.

Mike Kay

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)