How about over 1,000,000 XHTML Namespace URIs?

Ann Navarro ann at webgeek.com
Thu Sep 2 17:27:58 BST 1999

At 04:00 PM 9/2/99 +0100, Mark Birbeck wrote:

>I agree with the stages - that's why I have been drawing a distinction
>between tidyHTML and futureHTML. However, don't you do need to leave the
>three legacy formats intact? I'd have thought that any modularisation
>and extension has to be to a brand new set of namespaces, not an
>evolution of one of the current three.

We have, in XHTML 1.0, which is what we were mandated to do.

However, moving forward from HTML 4.0, which is what the future work in
XHTML does, isn't necessarily bound.

Ann (again, not speaking as to any specific opinion or direction of the Group)

---

Author of Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials
Coming in September --- Mastering XML

Founder, WebGeek Communications            http://www.webgeek.com
Vice President-Finance, HTML Writers Guild http://www.hwg.org
Director, HWG Online Education             http://www.hwg.org/services/classes