why distinctions within XHTML?

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 2 20:03:42 BST 1999

Ann Navarro wrote:

> While that's certainly a possibility -- before anyone gets too excited
> (either way) over it, the modularization work isn't done, so we may see
> something like this, but we may not.

For the record, some of my feedback back in March to the XHTML work
was that the basics of the modularization stuff should be in the
first release, since it's that fundamental.  I'd even support holding
back a 1.0 release to ensure modularization is covered.

The current "10% solution" (three namespace URIs) is IMNSHO the wrong
tack -- either don't address it at all, or hold out for a complete
solution, but don't put something in that's widely perceived as broken
and is universally acknowledged as incomplete!

- Dave

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)