why distinctions within XHTML?

Mark Birbeck Mark.Birbeck at iedigital.net
Fri Sep 3 14:04:12 BST 1999

The world needs the ability to nest XHTML inside XML and XML inside
XHTML as soon as possible, true. But that will take schemas if you want
validation, so there's nothing XHTML can do about that. The world also
wants lots of neat little chunks of parts of XHTML to put in their
mobile phones and toaster browser code. But that's still early days.

But what the world needs now ... is a definition of HTML that conforms
to XML standards, that can be validated before having meta-information
added.

You therefore cannot hold it back for the other stuff, nice to have as
it would be.

Mark

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)