an unfilled need

David LeBlanc whisper at accessone.com
Mon Sep 6 04:56:24 BST 1999

I'm reminded of the C++ standardization process where C++ was to be like C
only as necessary and no closer.

My point is that too much specification leads to too a rigid and inflexible
standard that people won't use which is about as useless as no standard at
all.

Is there a compelling reason to specify all the names and meanings of names
and scope of names in namespaces? Who will be the ultimate determinator of
namespaces?

This is just going to lead to politicalization imho.

Dave LeBlanc

http://www.hwg.org/services/classes

>xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev at ic.ac.uk
>Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on