Namespace for HTML (Signup Here)

Daniel Veillard Daniel.Veillard at w3.org
Tue Sep 7 14:20:32 BST 1999

  I would just like to raise the point that, if within xml-dev
an HTML naming space is designated, then it will just make things harder,
software writer (and I'm one of those) will have to support 4 namespaces
instead of 3 (or 2 instead of one), since I don't believe the XHTML WG
would find it easy to change a Proposed REC draft (and all the
implementation which are certainly be worked on in various places).

  As David said at least some of the WG members got the feedback
especially Ann (and independantly of the technical issue itself
she has done an impressive job at reading and answering people
mails, hat off ...). Let's see what is the final outcome.

> If anyone is really excited and cannot wait to act, go buy the
> namespaces.com domain so that we have somewhere to hang this sort of
> thing.  purl.org might also be co-operative.

  too late, it's already reserved :-)

Banyan Systems (NAMESPACE-DOM)
   115 Flanders Road
   Westboro, MA 01581
   US

 and the .org and .net are bought already too <grin/>

Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard at w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux, WWW, rpmfind,

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)