Layers, again (was Re: fixing (just) namespaces and validation)

Stephen T. Mohr smohr at voicenet.com
Wed Sep 8 15:00:11 BST 1999

A key sticking point is layer 4.  Until XML Schemas are a recommendation, we
have no standard way to validate XML containing namespace references.
Several proprietary or early implementation ways, yes, but none standard.
It is a shame the namespaces rec went out without going back and revising
the core XML Rec, or going forward and adding Schemas.