Is it possible to overwrite global variables?

Wang, Dapeng Dapeng.Wang at Dresdner-Bank.com
Wed Sep 8 19:01:50 BST 1999

Hi,

Sometimes I feel that I need to overwrite the value of a globally declared
variable. Is that possible? I think it is very pratical to save some
tipping. I just want to give the same variable different values depending on
some condition, so that I can evaluate it later.
e.g.

<xsl:if test="Cond1">
<xsl:variable name="GlobaleVariable" select="1">
</xsl:if>
<xsl:if test="Cond2">
<xsl:variable name="GlobaleVariable" select="2">
</xsl:if>

It doesn't work with xt. Nor do I find anything in the spec.

Any idea?

Thanx.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)