SAX spec.; C++ apps/parsers?

Michael Fuller msf at mds.rmit.edu.au
Fri Sep 10 06:02:05 BST 1999

I'm interested in using SAX as an API for a C++ application, and
was looking for a spec. for it.  Is there anything besides the Java
class documentation at www.megginson.com, or can that be considered
the "definitive" SAX specification. (The SAX pages that used to be
at microstar that had some extra documentation seem to have dodo-ed.)

Also, can anyone point me at any extant C++ implementations of SAX,
in addition to the IBM4C++ parser and Jez Higgins' C++ SAX classes?
In particular, any idea if a SAX APIs is under development for any
of the other C/C++ parsers (expat, f'instance)?

Michael