ANN: XML and Databases article

Len Bullard cbullard at hiwaay.net
Sat Sep 11 02:16:20 BST 1999

Steven R. Newcomb wrote:

> [Ron Bourret:]
>
> > What other common functions can you perform besides addressing /
> > hyperlinking?
>
> Hmmm.
>
> Anything that you can do with markup -- and that covers a lot of
> territory.

Ok Dr.  To you or Eliot.  Here is a challenge.  Give an example in
which groves and markup are used as the basis of documenting a
standard or specification including the editing decisions and
technical discussions that result in the final version.  I've
seen you do this before.

Bring two noisy threads together and show how the technologies
invented almost a decade ago apply to the problems of today
right here, right now, in this community.

len

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)