confidentiality in W3C WGs

Len Bullard cbullard at hiwaay.net
Sat Sep 11 04:17:20 BST 1999

Matthew Gertner wrote:

> Well, I wonder if the argument for doing it Ye Olde Fashioned Way is
> really as strong as all that.

Then use the technology invented to do it.  I have presented a challenge
to Dr Newcomb and Mr. Kimber to show by example what is possible here
using groves.  Groves are not necessary to achieve it, but they may
be necessary to sustain what is achieved by putting such documents into
a form rigorous enough to withstand both time and the changes of power
and authority.

> Be that as it may, this policy needs revision of some sort. Apart from
> what appears to be overall agreement that the content of and motivation
> behind important decisions should be published more consistently in a
> clear and timely manner,

Yes.  I think all clear thinking persons on this list can agree.

len

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)