Random thought

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Mon Sep 13 15:34:56 BST 1999

At 09:16 AM 9/13/99 -0400, Ann Navarro wrote:
>At 08:49 AM 9/13/99 -0400, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>>At 11:50 PM 9/12/99 -0700, Christopher Lane wrote:
>>>I was wondering if I might get permission to take the last four weeks'
>>>XML-DEV digests and condense into a book, titled:
>>>"Techies Rampage: When Experts Flagrantly Agree Publically in
>>>Uncontrollable Debate: The Inside Story of XML-DEV"
>>
>>Actually, it wouldn't be so crazy an idea, especially if an outsider (with
>>enough XML understanding to follow the discussion) did it.
>
>ObCopyrightIssues --- however, even though it's a "public list" with
>"public archives" that doesn't mean anyone's free to go and republish
>pieces as they see fit, without gaining permission of participants.

Christopher mentioned explicitly in his message - which I think was to some
extent supposed to be humorous - 'asking permission'.

It might be good for all of us to remember, however, that the archives are
built automatically, and anything we say can and will be held us against by
readers of those archives.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer (2nd Ed - September)
Building XML Applications