Random thought

David Megginson david at megginson.com
Mon Sep 13 19:04:26 BST 1999

Tim Bray writes:

 > It's an open secret that there's a journalist from C|Net who's been
 > tipped off that there's maybe a story here and has been sniffing around.
 > I pointed him at the archive when he contacted me.  Mind you, I think it
 > would take Woodward & Bernstein combined to the power of 10 to dig out
 > the multiple levels of story here and package it up in language that's
 > comprehensible to people who aren't already obsessive about markup. -Tim

The headline will likely be similar to one of the following:

a. "W3C faces developer revolt"
b. "XML torn by in-fighting"
c. "Future of HTML in doubt"

Sure, none of these fairly represents our discussions, but that's
nothing new.  I expect that (a) will win, because the issues around
(b) and (c), such as the number and nature of Namespace URIs and the
importance of schemas, will leave most readers snoozing.

For the record, I support the People's Front of Judea over the Judean
People's Front in all of this.

All the best,

David

David Megginson                 david at megginson.com