enumeration and defaults

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Tue Sep 14 01:15:08 BST 1999

At 03:18 PM 9/13/99 -0700, Tim Bray wrote:
>At 04:05 PM 9/13/99 -0400, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>>I received two separate replies to my question regarding enumeration and
>>defaulting, one from Tim Bray, and one from John Cowan, which he's
>>graciously let me post publicly.  They take opposite positions
>
>I just read both, and I think John's position and mine are completely
>coherent.

On a read with the right spin, they are indeed coherent - they just read
like they come to opposite conclusions regarding what I was trying to do,
which may (of course) be the result of a flaw in my original presentation.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer (2nd Ed - September)
Building XML Applications
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies