Binary-encoding of XML for communication

Shinichiro HAMADA shinichiro.hamada at toshiba.co.jp
Thu Sep 16 16:00:15 BST 1999

Thanks, Mr. Don Park and Mr. BlackBurn.

I will check out WAP. If there are any other standards, please advice them
me. I will compare them.

| I had a project where we needed to send 50MB of data per second
| between systems. We decided to use RIFF as this was very simple and
| very quick to parse. Microsoft uses RIFF in WAV and AVI files.

In our project, communication traffic won't be so heavy as yours. We seek
system openness and easiness to change data structure with open data format,
XML.

| Converting XML to binary negates the advantage of XML.

And, as Mr.BlackBum say, such an approach to binarize XML may make the
openness XML has. I think It depends on the saturation and standard level of
the coding. I will care about it.

--
Shinichiro HAMADA
TOSHIBA Corp.