Another look at namespaces

Eve L. Maler elm at arbortext.com
Thu Sep 16 19:03:05 BST 1999

Not to pick nits, but the August 29 statement just observed a correlation;
when I first read it, I didn't take it to be providing an actual reason for
the decision.  The "as direct a mapping as possible" language does indeed
give insight into the decision to go with a one-to-one DTD/NS mapping,
though I think that the confusion reigning about the purpose of NSs puts
the rationale on shaky foundations not of the WG's making.

Back to lurking,

         Eve

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)