Discourse and Discourtesies

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Fri Sep 17 02:58:11 BST 1999

At 03:05 PM 9/16/99 -0700, Andrew Layman wrote:
>A little more courtesy should be extended to the members of the HTML WG.

Could you please let us know precisely what it is that you're objecting to?
 A number of W3C-affiliated folks are griping, but, to be honest, I don't
see any discourtesy, just a large number of serious questions.  (Your
message didn't cite any examples.) If anything, I see W3C folk turning back
serious questions with personal reactions and overstated rhetoric that
borders on contempt and ridicule.

While it is unfortunate that a seemingly large number of XML-dev folk
disagree with the work of the HTML WG, I don't see much flamethrowing going
on.  Some folks may interpret disagreement as personal attacks, but I can't
see I've seen cause for that lately.

Just curious,

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer (2nd Ed - September)