Associating Element Node to Document Node

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 17 18:21:42 BST 1999

For the record, I replied privately that package-internal
property APIs like setOwnerDocument() shouldn't be used here.

There's a public XmlDocument.changeNodeOwner() method that does
the job nicely, including all the additional checks needed
in a public API.  Since it's a computed property, "nodeOwner"
wasn't intended to look like a simple JavaBeans property.

- Dave

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)