Another look at namespaces

Steven R. Newcomb srn at techno.com
Mon Sep 20 16:59:12 BST 1999

[Murata, Makoto:]

> Just like the semistructured database, application programs should
> never rely on schemata.  If they do, they would discriminate invalid
> documents, which are a lot more common in the WWW.  Let' use
> schemata only for sanity-checking.

I can only conclude that, in your world view, reliable information
interchange is not (or should not be) the uppermost priority for the
development of W3C standards.  I'd be astonished if the e-commerce
community, for example, went along with that idea!

-Steve

--
Steven R. Newcomb, President, TechnoTeacher, Inc.
srn at techno.com  http://www.techno.com  ftp.techno.com

voice: +1 972 231 4098
fax    +1 972 994 0087
pager (150 characters max): srn-page at techno.com