We gotta break up these digests

roddey at us.ibm.com roddey at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 20 21:43:32 BST 1999

Is there any way we could break these digets up a bit? They were already so long
that I've given up doing any realistic reading of them, which is unfortunate but
necessary in order to get things done. Now I just skim them lightly. Now though,
they are getting long enough to bring my tools to their knees in one or another.
I unsubscribed from home because the last one sent IE5 off on a 4 minute freak
out that pretty much made the machine unusable. Of course this is probably bad
design on their part to assume that they can process mondo sized documents in
the GUI thread, but still that's what I've got to work with. Notes also has a
lot of trouble. Just marking some text is extremely piggy when the document gets
huge.

Am I the only one having these concerns? If so, feel free to ignore me :-)

Dean Roddey
Software Weenie
IBM Center for Java Technology - Silicon Valley
roddey at us.ibm.com

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)