Another look at namespaces

MURATA Makoto murata.makoto at fujixerox.co.jp
Tue Sep 21 03:52:45 BST 1999

>> Just like the semistructured database, application programs should
>> never rely on schemata.  If they do, they would discriminate invalid
>> documents, which are a lot more common in the WWW.  Let' use
>> schemata only for sanity-checking.
>
>I can only conclude that, in your world view, reliable information
>interchange is not (or should not be) the uppermost priority for the
>development of W3C standards.  I'd be astonished if the e-commerce
>community, for example, went along with that idea!

I am afraid that I have not made myself clear.

I am not saying that application programs rely on schemata when they
write application programs.

I am just saying no information in schemata should be leaked to
application programs at *RUN TIME*.

Makoto

Fuji Xerox Information Systems

Tel: +81-44-812-7230   Fax: +81-44-812-7231
E-mail: murata.makoto at fujixerox.co.jp

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)