RFC: Attributes and XML-RPC

Dave Winer dave at userland.com
Wed Sep 22 15:25:17 BST 1999

> Some GUI systems are extremely tree/outline oriented which
> could cause designers to shun attributes.  There are hybrid tree/table
> components that can handle attribute better but they look a little too
busy
> when there are too many attributes.

Don, being an outliner guy from way back, of course I use outlines to do
XML.

My philosophy there is pretty simple, no fancy stuff, just an outline
containing XML. No problems with attributes or anything else.

If you want to see a screen shot, check this out:

http://www.outliners.com/images/frontier6/prefsDemoWizardOutline.gif

Dave

PS: More info about outliners is at http://www.outliners.com/. If you have a
Mac you can get a free copy of MORE 3.1 there, which was a very nice
outliner, if I do say so myself! It's probably a very good tool for writing
XML code.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)