XMLized mails (RE: We gotta break up these digests)

Michael Champion michael_champion at ameritech.net
Wed Sep 22 15:42:10 BST 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Steven Livingstone, ITS, SENM <steven.livingstone at scotent.co.uk>
To: Miloslav Nic <nicmila at vscht.cz>; <xml-dev at ic.ac.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 1999 8:21 AM
Subject: RE: XMLized mails (RE: We gotta break up these digests)

> I was going to suggest something like that myself as I think it would be
> useful (at least a start).
>
> I think we need to get some agreement from quite a few people to get some
> initiative, but I think what you have suggested is a good idea !!
>
> Let's see peoples opinions on this....

I think that an XML-ized archive of xml-dev is a great idea!  It would not
have to be hosted at ic.ac.uk (a little bot could subscribe to the list,
read, convert, and archive messages anywhere).  So we don't REALLY need to
get "agreement from quite a few people" to get going, although obviously the
greater the consensus, the more generally useful such a thing would be.

This sounds like a classic case where we should be eating our own dog food
(both as an XML community and as individual vendors); if we can't put
together an XML-based solution for structuring the information in this
mailing list and making it available to those who need it, we've got a lot
of explaining to do!

Mike Champion

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)