[MAILER-DAEMON@nag.co.uk: Returned mail: User unknown]

Ann Navarro ann at webgeek.com
Wed Sep 22 17:22:12 BST 1999

At 04:12 PM 9/22/99 +0100, David Carlisle wrote:

>But sadly the real danger is that xhtml will be so broken over this
>issue that the whole project is derailed. No one wants to see that
>happen.
>
>Is it worth risking this just to avoid specifying that HTML versions are
>distinguished by the version attribute, rather than by the namespace?

This is where I tend to stop giving credence to arguments. Nothing in this
issue, one or three, will so forever break XHTML that it nukes the entire
project. I believe one is the wrong answer. Some of you believe three is
the wrong answer. But neither will kill it all together.
Hyperbole in (hyperbolic?) arguments simply tunes people out.

Ann
---

Author of Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials
Coming in September --- Mastering XML

Founder, WebGeek Communications            http://www.webgeek.com
Vice President-Finance, HTML Writers Guild http://www.hwg.org
Director, HWG Online Education             http://www.hwg.org/services/classes